Why do we dance? Why should we dance?
Dance allows people to be more active, socialize and develop creative and physical skills. Just a few of the benefits increased exercise dancing can give you are; reduced stress levels, improved relaxation, stronger bones &
The CDC recommends that children and adolescents do at least 60 minutes (1 hour) or more of physical activity each day. This can easily be met by adding dance classes into your weekly routine. Increasing your daily exercise is only one benefit, there are TONS more! Like making new friends, participating in a creative, beautiful and unique art form, learning dance technique, expressing emotion and working in a group.
Dance can also open new opportunities in terms of future careers. There are numerous professions in dance from dancing, teaching, and choreography. In addition to this, people work in the dance industry as; community dance performers, promoters, producers, designers, publicists, technicians, physiotherapists, medical and alternative practitioners, therapists, writers and academics.
Dancing also develops skills that can translate to many non-dance career paths. The confidence gained through achievements in dance builds social skills, increases self esteem and the ability to communicate well in a group.
Why should you dance
So Many Reasons to DANCE!
– Keep the body and the brain active… DANCE … this is vital for people of every age
– Dance improves strength and flexibility, keeping muscles and joints healthy
– You meet new people and make friends with people who have similar interests
– Dance helps you learn about your body, improving your posture and balance
– Dancing releases endorphins and helps to reduce stress levels
– Dance can offer insight into other cultures, either through the dance style itself or meeting new people
– Dance can lead to new career opportunities, or help build vital communications skills needed in every profession
– Dance helps to increase your self esteem and confidence through mastering new skills
– Dance offers a creative outlet for people to express their personalities in a safe environment
– Dance is a fun way to open up new possibilities, keep healthy and enjoy yourself